Sing! Community Choir is a community choir based in central Cambridge, UK.
Adults of all ages are welcome to come and join us in building a friendly and vibrant singing community.
Sing! was set up in 2012 by four friends who wanted Sing! to be a community choir – run by a group, not just one leader, and encouraging others to get involved and have a go. Today we still work like that – everyone is encouraged to have a go at teaching, conducting, leading a warm up, doing a solo, or joining our committee.
There are no auditions and we don’t use sheet music – we learn songs by ear.
Take what you learn at rehearsals and practice at home, singing along to the part recordings we share for each song.
We keep costs low to keep Sing! accessible to everyone.
We meet during Cambridge school term times. Subscriptions are per term and cover:
- Average of 11 – 14 weekly sessions per term
- Access to our online teaching resources
- Allows us to run the choir, rent rehearsal space, license songs, etc.
£35 / term (£17.50 concessions)
That works out at £2.50 per session! Great value!
Rehearsals are Thursdays from 7:30pm – 9:15pm during term, at Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge.
Don’t worry about missing a week or two of rehearsals.
Our online resources and friendly choir can give you all the help and support you need to catch up!
- No auditions – everyone is welcome to come along and Sing!
- No need to be able to read music
- Everyone is encouraged to get involved with the running of the choir
- A place for people to meet others with common interests and values
- Everyone is accepted and respected
- Tea is also highly respected* 🙂
- *Other hot drinks, especially coffee, are equally loved and respected too 😀
From September 2021, Sing! has cautiously returned to in-person rehearsals.
We rehearse on Thursdays between 7:30pm and 9:15pm, at Hills Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge (UK).
Like other choirs, we have COVID-19 guidelines in place to help everyone feel comfortable and safe during rehearsals.
COME AND JOIN US!